The Level 2 VRQ has been designed specifically for front line social housing staff to help raise their awareness of gas safety issues so that they can better carry out their roles within Social Housing.
The course delivers a recognised qualification which demonstrates the commitment of Housing Associations to gas safety with relevant, quality training. Designed specifically for housing staff in the frontline of gas safety every day, it would suit roles such as Housing Officers, Social Workers, Surveyors, Maintenance Operatives, Call Centre Staff, Gas Admin Staff and Voids Officers.
The qualification, training and associated study unit have been designed by CORGI and accredited by EAL.
The course consists of a half day training programme with an experienced Gas expert from CORGI followed by a written assessment consisting of multiple choice questions and short answer responses. It covers these areas:-
- Gas awareness – an understanding of how gas behaves is it leaks and how it burns safely
- Carbon Monoxide (CO) awareness – an explanation of how CO is produced, what it does to the body and how to recognise the symptoms of CO poisoning
- CO Detection – understanding the safety measures that can reduce the risk of CO poisoning
- Safe gas appliances – identifying good combustion and unsafe appliances/installations
- Landlord Responsibilities and Legislation – an overview of the legal requirements placed on Social Landlords
- Gas Safe Registration – an understanding of the registration requirements and how to check operatives qualifications
- Dealing with reports of fumes and gas escapes – how to keep your customers/tenants safe in their homes
Course dates for the CORGI Level 2 VRQ in Gas Safety Awareness in Social Housing are:-
- All courses are currently being delivered online
- Contact us to arrange your date firstname.lastname@example.org
The course costs £399 + vat
In-house courses can also be run on request.