Raise your team’s awareness of gas safety and carbon monoxide poisoning with a professionally recognised qualification.
The Level 2 VRQ has been designed specifically for Tour Operators to help raise your awareness of gas safety issues so that you can protect your customers on holiday.
Why your staff should take this course
Gas safety and carbon monoxide poisoning awareness in the tour operator sector is crucial.
- Informed – tour operators are being urged to increase staff knowledge, awareness and commitment to managing gas safety abroad.
- Safety – keep your customers safe on holiday
- Reputation – demonstrate your commitment to customer safety.
- Experts – with over 40 years of experience you can be confident your training will be delivered by highly experienced experts.
Who is this course for?
This course is designed specifically for tour industry staff who are in the front line of gas safety every day, in roles such as Overseas Representatives, Destination Managers, Surveyors, Maintenance Operatives, Call Centre Staff and Gas Admin Staff.
The qualification, training and associated study unit have been designed by CORGI and accredited by EAL.
The course consists of a half day training programme, followed by a written assessment consisting of multiple choice questions and short answer responses, which is delivered by an experienced gas expert from CORGI’s training team. It covers these areas:-
- Carbon Monoxide (CO) awareness An explanation of how CO is produced, what it does to the body and how to recognise the symptoms of CO poisoning
- Carbon Monoxide Detection Understanding the safety measures that can reduce the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning
- Safe Gas Appliances Identifying good combustion and unsafe appliances/installations
- Characteristics of Combustion An understanding of how gas behaves if it leaks and how it burns safely
- Ventilation and Flueing of Appliances Understand the reasons why different appliances found in accommodation sites require ventilation
- LPG Storage and Supply Understand the design, installation and operation requirements of LPG bulk storage and cylinders.
- Management Responsibility and Emergency Procedures Understand how to prevent, respond to and deal with gas and Carbon Monoxide and other fuel related emergencies.
In-house courses can also be run on request.