Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detection – Social rent

Home Forums Main Forum Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detection – Social rent

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi All

Following the Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm (Amendment) Regulations 2022 looking to be enforceable from 1st October 22, does any one know the level of Grade for the fire detection?

All guidance I can locate is stating a Smoked detector on each floor escape route (LD3) but does not state if these are to be hardwired, battery or interlinked as a minimum?

AESM are looking into this for me, but wondered if anyone has any other advice, with the countdown to October underway?

Thanks

Paul Simpson
    Participant

Hi

Although the regulations for social housing does not specify the type of alarm if you look at the Q&A paper private rented sector it states “The regulations do not stipulate the type of alarms to be installed. Landlords should make an informed decision and choose the best alarms for the properties and tenants”. I can not see the advice been different for social housing landlords.

Granted this legislation is way out of date with best practice, British StandardS along with the current and proposed standards for the rest of the UK.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.