Shared Supplies and Submains

Home Forums Main Forum Shared Supplies and Submains

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Martin Simmonds
    Participant

Hi

I seeking everyone’s experience when dealing with WPD with regards to shared supplies and submains. I firmly believe that they are WPD’s responsibility to replace but they obviously have a difference of opinion !

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Martin, I have this problem most days with meters being fitted to the ends of submains, they are basically accepting responsibility for the submain when they fit a meter on the end. I have a submain failed on a EICR and i could only get an isolation switch fitted next to the meter in the flat and they have argued that we can not have it fitted at the origin even though the submain is in poor state of repair.
    I have given up with the pointless emails

Peter Sandry
    Participant

Martin I have no experience with WPD and submains but we have regular dealings with them regarding shared supplies when upgrading heating. Current practice for us is they will split and renew shared supplies for free every time if we are installing ASHP. If it is a Quantum install we often get a free upgrade from WPD but it depends on the age and condition of existing. The only problem with all of this is the time delay as the appear to prioritise the fee paying customers,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.