Microwave Oven Testing

Home Forums Main Forum Microwave Oven Testing

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Adrian Sullivan
    Participant

Hello All

At Mansfield District Council we have around 50 community centres with kitchens that have appliances which we test. In the past we have only done the basic PA Testing on microwave ovens but recently I decided we needed to do leakage and heating tests so bought the required tester.
    The microwave leakage limits are pretty well set in the instructions and the tester determines pass or fail. I would like to know if any others do these tests and what the heating results look like and what would they consider a fail.
    We have tested a few and found all of them don’t heat to their rating: say a 850 watt oven is only heating to 800 watts. I would have thought they would lose a certain amount of power due to age etc and these types of drops I consider acceptable.
    I can’t seem to find any guidance on at what level do you scrap the oven. There is a BSI publication BS EN 60705:2015 (over £100) but I have a feeling this may only be guidance for manufacturers unless someone can tell me different.

many thanks.

Adrian

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.