Electrical Certification Software

Home Forums Main Forum Electrical Certification Software

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mark Fort
    Participant

Hi all

I am researching as to see what is the best software that is proven to work in the social housing sector in regards to your electrical paperwork. I have had some good advice to date and have a good idea of which avenues i am looking to explore, but would really appreciate some feedback on the software you may be using on your testing contracts and its pro’s and cons.

Also is anybody using the Total Mobile software? What’s you thoughts?

How do you combat the fact that the operatives don’t get the chance to review the document in PDF format before it has already been submitted?

If there are any issues at this point with the EICR once the QS is reviewing the document seemingly it cant send back either, how have you been editing any mistakes or getting it back to the operative to make amendments?

How are you documenting any of this for auditing purposes?

TIA – Mark

Carl Traynor
    Participant

Hi pal

As we discussed the other day we’ve just gone on Compliance 365. Very early days but it looks really promising and I can’t fault them for implementing tweeks we’ve asked. I’m hopeful that by end of month we’ll be flying on it. You’d be welcome to come down and have a look, appreciate that it’s a hike for you but maybe have the next ESR meeting at our place and kill two birds ?

Mark Fort
    Participant

Cheers Carl, appreciate that, we certainly looking to review all options so that could be an offer i take advantage of!!

We already have the TM capabilities at the moment but don’t believe we tied down if its nit adequate, rather get it right first time, had you used anything else previous or this your first move from paper?

Peter Sandry
    Participant

As it happens I am going to a Total Mobile presentation today as part of our DSO looking at various mobile solutions. It will let you know what I think though in a previous existence we tried to use TM as part of the Capita Academy suite and it was far from successful, we currently use Open Housing/Open Contractor with outlook calendars.

We will also be looking at electronic certification for all areas (EICR, LGSR etc.) so will be interested to follow this trail

Carl Traynor
    Participant

Been on NICEIC online since June 2014. Bit glitch initially but after a few months it was decent enough. Never quite lived up to expectations but we were happy using. Major issue last year when it went offine for about three weeks or so, never been the same since. Search engine seems to work when it wants to and has been hard work. C365 was client driven so sort of saved me shopping around, like I say we’re impressed so far but it’s early days . . . .

Mark Fort
    Participant

Thanks Peter, be interested to hear your feedback from the presentation, we are using the software alongside capita also and for the LGSR i believe it works quite well, in reality its a one page document and if there is mistakes its not too much of a hassle to fill out a paper copy and scan it into SharePoint.

It’s our documents EICR’s EIC’s that cause part of the issue, being so long winded and giving so many opportunity’s to make a mistake and without being able to go back and amend the pdf or convert the information back to the digital TM form without starting from scratch is where the issue is with it.

Cheers Carl, again that’s interesting feedback i can use as obviously NICEIC software is one of the avenues we were looking to explore, i’ve Been on annual leave this week so when i get back i’ll Have a discussion around C365 and keep an eye on your progress, hopefully get down to have a look if its going to be an option for us, really appreciate it!!

Antony James
    Participant

We implemented the gas module with Capita OH/TM and have had a really bad experience. So much so that we’ve now pulled the plug on it. Personally, I wouldn’t consider using the module for EICR’s. However, how much of our bad experience was due to poor consultancy, project management and our geographical position I don’t know. I do think that if you are a large organisation then Capita may look after you better…

Peter Sandry
    Participant

Just returned from the presentation which was as expected very top level, this is what the system can do for you without too much evidence of it being achievable. ‘To answer actual questions we need to see your current process!’

The LGSR does appear to be straight forward but as we want to streamline documentation for all including DSO and Sub-contractor it does seem other systems may be a better solution to avoid individual license costs. As commented previously the TM version of EICR is far too longwinded and the process for getting QS sign-off and adjustment/re-writing documents was skipped over with the usual Politian’s answer. Also logging installations (gas and electric) with Building Control seems to be a new concept.

I will keep the trail going as we look at some other providers and as we get more meat on the bones from each system.

Antony Streets
    Participant

We are currently use the NICEIC Online certification. We have had a few issues with it so we are exploring the software with Trimble (Amtech) and then more across.
    We use Total Mobile for all our electricans to receive jobs etc.

Mark Fort
    Participant

Thanks all

Yeah TM/Capita is the systems we use to distribute the work to operatives across the group and certainly seems to work quite well to be honest. I believe the Gas/Heating had a bit of pain over a couple of years getting the Gas in order but that also seems to work well now they have gotten over their teething problems, its not without its faults but for a 1 page document you can make it work.

Getting the feeling here that it is just not feasible for the EICR or other associated electrical documentation. I was hoping someone who is currently using it may have come up with a solution to the isssues that have mentioned and shared it with us, doesnt look forthcoming.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.