Electric Vehicle Charging Points

Home Forums Main Forum Electric Vehicle Charging Points

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all,

We are being approached by tenants requesting permission for vehicle charging points.

Does anyone have a policy or procedure then can share or best practice or legislation we can refer to please.

Many Thanks,

Chris.

Liam Gatens
    Participant

Hi Christian

We are also having this problem currently, with multiple requests arriving through our tenants alteration procedure.

Its a case of a Trained Surveyor going out to assess the System type, Electrical install and location of the charger before making a decision. we try to help the tenants with confirming a specification and select the best suited EV charger, but its also a up hill batter. I have no doubt they will end up installing them anyway and it will get flagged on the next EICR.

Liam Gatens
    Participant

Hi Christian

We are also having this problem currently, with multiple requests arriving through our tenants alteration procedure.

Its a case of a Trained Surveyor going out to assess the System type, Electrical install and location of the charger before making a decision. we try to help the tenants with confirming a specification and select the best suited EV charger, but its also a up hill battle. I have no doubt they will end up installing them anyway and it will get flagged on the next EICR.

Martin Simmonds
    Participant

Hi

Im sure there was a similar question about a month ago where I offered to share a simple form we get residents to complete, happy to share if you email me martin.simmonds@stonewater.org

Martin Simmonds
    Participant

Hi

I’m sure there was a similar question about a month ago where I offered to share a simple form we get residents to complete, happy to share if you email me martin.simmonds@stonewater.org

Paul Garland
    Participant

We are having similar, we are reviewing them through property alteration process. Anything that may result in a health and safety risk i.e. cables trailing across public paths etc. we are refusing, many of our properties don’t have parking. If we are OK with them installing it we expect them to use an approved installer i.e. NICEIC or Napit and OLEZ/OLEV approved

We will be looking at our long term strategy of providing them on estates.

Antony Streets
    Participant

We are similar. We are allowing them to have them installed if they have a driveway on their property as along as they provide full details and certification upon completion.

We are refusing 70% of requests as they are either parking in communal spaces or on-road and would lead to cables trailing across public roads/footpaths or our land.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.