EICR ACCESS

Home Forums Main Forum EICR ACCESS

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all,

New to the forum! I am new to a smallish association that historically has had a few problems and access being the main one, in 5 months I have managed to get into about 1500 properties to complete EICR but I am now down to the last few hundred (which always are the nightmare/hard to access places) but does anybody have any good tips or something they have done to access these last properties? I have sent letters, made calls, knocked doors myself, text, had housing letter but we are all out of options! Just to note, the no access isn’t COVID related its people not picking up phones or keeping appointments etc

Any tips would be great!

Eddie Lowkis
    Participant

Hi Kane

I would advise you put together a no access policy/procedure and go legal if necessary, as it’s a breach of their tenancy. As with gas, you need to prove you have taken all reasonable steps.

Cheers, Eddie

Martin Simmonds
    Participant
    Kane Dhillon
    Participant

Thanks Martin! I was actually reading this yesterday. Perhaps I could message you off here? Do you have a direct email or can I message you on here (new to all this)

Peter Sandry
    Participant

Hi Kane

We use a process, as suggested by Eddie, that aligns with gas safety no-access procedure. Appointments confirmed in writing, two no-access (evidenced with no-access cards), legal letter, court. Again as above we use breach of tenancy as our claim in court.

Cheers

Pete

Kane Dhillon
    Participant

Thanks for the replies all, the association I work for has gone through a lot of change and a lot of these processes and procedures are not yet in place so it makes things a lot trickier.

Martin Simmonds
    Participant

Hi Kane

Feel free to contact me at martin.simmonds@dudley.gov.uk

Terry Farrow
    Participant

As others have said, ensure you have a no access policy and work to it using the legal route if necessary. We have had great success in bring down our no access list across two EICR contracts delivering aprox 3000 combined in the last year. I have a little GEM of an RLO whom owns this process and try’s every trick available. If the process is right you will bring the numbers down and it becomes so much more tolerable to manage. Try not to have the situation where you leave all the difficult properties until the end of each period.

James Russell
    Participant

Hi Kane

I’ll start by saying all of those who are involved in getting EICR’s completed feel your pain.

We complete 7k domestics per year and access is the number 1 issue, there is some great guidance in the replies already. We have a full access policy that escalates to the courts and injunctions.

Due to some of the complexities around non access such as hoarders, ASB and medical issues we have a dedicated access officer to drive the programme and work with other areas of the business such our neighbourhoods team.

james.russell@togetherhousing.co.uk if you want to discuss.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.