Are you compliant with fire safety legislation?
Do you or your staff members need to develop knowledge of fire safety appropriate to the level of responsibility that meet the legal requirements?
This Fire Safety Compliance course is for anyone who needs to ensure their organisation is compliant with fire safety legislation.
The course covers:
Fire safety responsibilities of landlords and owners of blocks of flats and houses in multiple occupation and social housing.
Who is it suitable for?
Those who are looking to contribute to the fire risk assessment process may include:
• Facilities Managers
• Health and Safety Consultants
• Building Surveyors
• Fire Safety Consultants
• Building Safety Managers
• Property Compliance Managers / Consultants
What will the outcomes be?
On completion of the course learners will have learnt the following 7 key areas of Fire Safety Compliance:
• Understand how to manage fire safety
• Understand the principles of fire and explosion
• Understand the causes and prevention of fires and explosions
• Understand how to apply passive and active fire protection within buildings
• Understand how to apply safety measures to people in the event of fire
• Understand a fire safety risk assessment
• Identify the legislative documents that are applicable to ensure effective management of fire safety
What experience and qualifications are needed to take this course?
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
How is the course delivered?
This course is ideal for those who prefer to study through distance learning which means you study remotely, allowing you to learn in your own time, wherever you choose. You will have access to a range of material and have regular support from your assessor.
Students are provided with online access to the ASCP’s library of resources via our website as well as a training manual to assist and guide them through this qualification.
Upon enrolment you will be allocated an assessor for the duration of the course. If you have any queries regarding technical aspects of the course, your assessor will be pleased to discuss these with you. In addition, the unit paper is marked by a specialist marker who will provide written feedback on your submission. In general, papers will be marked and returned to you within 10 working days.
Delegates will receive an ASCP certificate on the successful completion of the course.
Download a PDF of the datasheet here