The Association of Electrical Safety Managers is a membership organisation for all managers who are responsible for electrical safety management within their organisation.
We welcome individuals who meet one or more of the following criteria:
• Those studying for, or who have completed, the industry recognised Level 4 VRQ Certificate in Electrical Safety Management in Social Housing
• Those who are electrically competent and work in a managerial position (with evidence of relevant qualifications and experience)
Those studying for, or who have completed, the Level 2 VRQ Award in Electrical Safety Awareness in Social Housing may also apply for an affiliate membership
If you would like to find out more about AESM membership, you can contact us for an informal discussion, or alternatively download the membership application form here.
During 2017, delegates of the CORGI Level 4 Certificate in Electrical Safety Management automatically become members of the Association of Electrical Safety Managers, free of charge.
Level 4 VRQ Certificate in Electrical Safety Management in Social Housing
The qualification gives you a unique nationally recognised qualification, validating the skills and experience necessary in delivering effective electrical safety management and awareness. The VRQ has been developed with, and accredited by EAL, the specialist employer-recognised awarding body.
The VRQ allows
- the individual to demonstrate their skills, knowledge and capability
- the employing organisation to demonstrate its commitment to relevant high quality training and standards
The Level 4 VRQ has been developed for managers responsible for electrical safety management within their organisations.
The course is a one day guided learning event followed by self-study modules and the development of a portfolio. The qualification can be completed at your own pace, normally within twelve months.
The course is divided into five units:
- Statutory and non-statutory requirements
- Understanding circuits, definitions, installation methods and classification types
- Procedure for the in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment
- Managing electrics in Social Housing
- Electrical safety and responsibilities
Level 4 VRQ Certificate in Electrical Safety Management in Social Housing course start dates:-
- London – 22nd November 2016
- Birmingham – 15th November 2016
- Leeds – 8th November 2016
- Manchester – 10th January 2017
- London – 17th January 2017
- Birmingham – 24th January 2017
- Leeds – 25th January 2017
- Bristol – 28th February 2017
- Birmingham – 2nd March 2017
- London – 7th March 2017
- Northern Ireland – 23rd March 2017
- Northern Ireland – 6th June 2017
- London – 13th June 2017
- Leeds – 14th June 2017
- Birmingham – 27th June 2017
- Leeds – 13th September 2017
- Bristol – 21st September 2017
- Manchester – 27th September 2017
- London – 28th September 2017
- Leeds – 8th November 2017
- Birmingham – 15th November 2017
- London – 22nd November 2017
For more information and to book a place please contact us on 01256 548040
or email email@example.com
AGSM/AESM Membership Terms and Conditions:
- Membership is open to all who have a responsibility for Gas and Electrical safety
- Only those members who have completed a CORGI Level 4 qualification will be entitled to use the letters “AGSM” or “AESM” after their name. These members will be known as “Graduates”.
- We reserve the right to refuse membership at any time for any reasonable reason, conflict or solicitation related to the good and benefit of the company, members and/or employees.