The AESM Electrical Forums meet regularly to discuss key industry issues, establish benchmarks and share best practice. Members also learn about the latest products and services available within the sector.
The Forums provide an excellent platform for
- delegates to network with their peer group to share their expertise and knowledge
- to help establish best practice
- to learn about the latest developments in regulations
- to hear from suppliers to the sector with new products and innovations.
Topics we’ve covered so far:
- Mutual Exchanges – Can we do these smarter with the time scales given or do we firm up the legalities ensuring tenants and landlords fully understand the risks?
- Rewires Criteria – When to rewire a property and what should the criteria be. Do we base this on time alone meaning we sometimes fix something that isn’t broke?
- No Access – Legal processes and best practice when dealing with difficult tenants who don’t understand our responsibility or their own
- Frequency of inspections – Contrary to popular believe there is no set frequency.. You can test every 5 years but if you have a sound management in place you can also test every 10 or longer!!
- Innovation and Renewables – Is anyone looking at Solar now the feed in tariff has reduced and are we looking at other sources (waste water recycling etc)
- Compliance in Multi-Occupancy dwellings – the challenge in High Rise accommodation.
- Duty Holder – Law of Electrical safety and your responsibility
- 18th Edition pre and post launch review and impact
- EICR coding guide
- Duty holder – who is responsible?
- Electrical auditing – best practice
- PRS consultation on frequency of inspection and impact on social housing legislation
Agenda topics coming up:
- Fuel poverty and its impact on electrical compliance
- ECR – Electrical Safety Roundtable – update
- Effective risk assessment
- Electrical Safety in High Rise Dwellings – what should happen now and what’s under review
- 5 Steps to Real Electrical Compliance – from Legislation to Risk to Policy
- Fire Safety Risk Assessments – How to complete
- Managing Electrical Safety – including Contractor spec and management
- Emergency Lighting
- 18th Edition Update – review of application so far including AFDDs and SPDs
- HSE and Compliance – incident management
- Best Practice Electrical Safety for Voids
- Industry updates including Welsh Landlord Regs, Protection of Title Electrician, Reform of Building Safety Regs review (MHCLG)
The dates for the next AESM Electrical Forum are:
|North West||3rd March|
|South East||17th March|
|South West||10th March|
|North Yorkshire||24th March|